Skills Volleyball Camp
Western State College hosts the 2012 Skills Volleyball Camp
Jul 27, 2012 12:00 PM
Jul 28, 2012 12:00 PM
|Contact Name||Jared Verner|
|Contact Phone||(970) 943-2831|
|Add event to calendar||
Brochure / Registration Form (.pdf)
The Skills Camp is a great opportunity for those athletes that want to work on preparing to get to the next level in the upcoming season. Coaches will focus on proper mechanics for passing, setting, hitting, blocking, defense and serving. This camp is a terrific way to get athletes ready for the 2012 season. Suggested age group: 6th – 10th grade.
$120 for overnight camper, $75 for commuter camper
|Day 1||Friday, July 27|
|10 a.m.||Check In|
|10:30 a.m.||Camp meeting|
|10:45 a.m.||Passing and ball control|
|3 p.m.||Passers vs. Servers|
|5 p.m.||Dinner (for overnight campers)|
|6 p.m.||Queen of the Court competition|
|7 p.m.||Pool time|
|9 p.m.||Room check|
|10 p.m.||Lights out|
|Day 2||Saturday, July 28|
|7 a.m.||Breakfast (for overnight campers)|
|8 a.m.||Review of fundamental skills|
|2 p.m.||Offense vs. Defense|
|3 p.m.||Queen of the Court competition|
|4 p.m.||Check out|
1. Athletic shoes, knee pads and ankle braces.
2. Two days worth of volleyball clothes.
3. PJ's, pillow, sleeping bag or blanket and a sheet.
4. Toiletries, shampoo, conditioner, body soap, and a towel.
5. Flip-flops to wear between sessions.
6. Swimsuit and extra towel for the pool.
7. Water bottle and snacks for between sessions if you need.8. A book, deck of cards, iPod, etc. things to do at night when you have some time to hang out with your new friends!